Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 17

Today was the first time we had a "group exercise," and it was nice to get to meet some of the other people in the programme. I guess we don't get much of a sense of belonging to a group when we do our individual stuff... Actually, most of the time I don't even remember that it's a competition. For me it is an individual battle anyway, and my reward will be shopping in Asia on my way down to NZ next year if I make it down to a small enough size by February. As long as I keep at it, it should be possible... Today I even noticed that I'm not as tired anymore when walking up the hill. It's been hard to notice anything since I've been sick, and I've had enough just breathing and walking. It seems that I'm on the mend today though, my throat feels better (touch wood) and my head feels a lot clearer.

So what we did today was circuit training, with weightlifting, abs exercises and cardio. I loved it. :) seems to be exactly my thing, as soon as I got fed up with one thing it was on to the next, and as such I managed to follow through with all the exercises. The only grey cloud on the horizont is my ankle, that has been bothering me today and yesterday... I'm going to Newtown on Friday to have an X-ray and MRI scan of it, and hopefully then we'll be able to see what it is that's keeping it from getting better. Fingers crossed!

Jumped on the scales after the workout today too, the weight hasn't gone back up. :) 95.6, but I had already eaten dinner, so I'm not fussed.

No comments: