Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 50

Into the final week of the competition now. Yesterday my weight was 87.1 kilos, I'm gonna aim for 85ish by the final weighing, unless that'll be on Sunday.. But if I get an extra week or so, definitely. It's really weird in a way... It may have seemed very hard in the first weeks, but now I'm thinking that if it's this easy to loose weight, how come I haven't done it before??

The only thing that I truly miss is to get smashed more often (hehe) but apart from that I'm surviving, even the chocolate cravings are getting milder and milder, I still have a psychological addiction to the substance, but I don't get extremely grumpy when I deny myself chocs anymore. Now I am more in a state of fear, that if I break my abstinence I'm gonna fall back into the habit. I've already decided on my 'reward' after the final weighing: Spaghetti and my special sauce. ^_^ It may not seem like much, but damn.. I'm just really awesome at making spaghettisauce. It's xxtremely fatty though. I haven't had pasta for two months now... weird huh? Pasta was what I survived on last trimester, it was my dinner for two months straight! Times they do change...

I guess I'm pretty happy with my effort these 8 weeks. I could have done much more, but that would probably have made the task seem too big for me. Or distracted me more from my studies. So yeah, I'm happy about what I have achieved.. it's more than I ever expected, really. I thought I'd be able to lose 7 kgs at the most, if I tried really hard. I'm glad that I was wrong. since I'm still losing a kilo per week, it'll be interesting to see how far down my weight goes before it stabilises. (I assume that sooner or later it will stabilise!!) :D. Then, in February, the ultimate reward, if I can make it down to a small enough size: Shopping in Asia!!! It would almost be worth it to drop by Bangkok just to shop for clothes, but I am sure that Singapore and Cambodia will have enough stuff to blow off my budget for the autumn trimester next year.. ^_^ So I'd better keep my eyes on the prize, and forget that the competition ever ended. It's more of a lifelong competition, really. I guess I'm repeating myself on that point... but it's true: The only person I really need to beat at this is myself.

No comments: